Something to Dwell Upon

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fun With Back to School Shopping

One highlight of our recent vacation in South Carolina was some unexpected back-to-school shopping.  After several days of soaking up a little too much sun on the beach, my friends and I decided to take our kids shopping while our husbands spent the morning golfing.  There aren't too many stores that can entertain our busy gang of children, who range in age from 2 to 8.  Since school would be starting within the month, we hit up Kohls hoping to check some items off of our list.  We were not disappointed.
 All was quiet when we entered the store at 10 a.m. on Sunday.  There were enough carts for each kid to have his own.  Within seconds we were trailing after them as they filled the carts with items from their lists. 

Our daughters ended up with at least 20 dresses in their carts.  They were shopping for their big fall event - the Father/Daughter Dance.  Though they had their choice of dressing rooms, they squeezed into one.  What is more fun than a party in the fitting room with your friends?  Certainly not cleaning up after one (thanks for taking the lead on that, Paulette!).

Our sons stuffed their carts with tee-shirts and sports shorts.  Those weren't on my son's list, but I did buy him a few that were on sale. 


My two year old fell in love with a Dora nightgown and a dress that came with a matching doll dress.  The set was much cheaper than one I'd bought her at American Girl in the spring.  I'm a sucker for a bargain, as are my friends Monique and Paulette.  With bathing suits and sandals marked down 75%, we bought the kids some for our YTBP (yet-to-be-planned) spring vacations.  I guess the kids and I will be going someplace warm.  I couldn't pass up these silver sandals for $4.99.



We also found some Stuart Weitzman knock-off heels in a great taupe color for a fraction of the designer price.
When we finally made it to the registers to pay, afer our nearly two hour escapade, we learned that we could save an additional 30% off the prices if we opened a Kohls account.  We had so much fun that we decided it was worth it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment